About Me

My photo
Archaeologists are not unlike truckers. Exploring Minnesota and Wisconsin's oddities, scenery, culture, back roads, and eateries helps keep me sane.

07 June 2010

Exploring Shell Lake on Two Wheels, via the Lake Drive Loop.

I decided to stash my bike in the work vehicle this week (shhh...) to take advantage of more of the gorgeous Northwest. If I knew I'd be working here for over a year, I would've just bought a tiny little cottage and a kayak. There's so much to see up here, why waste every Monday and Friday driving, driving, driving...

South shore of Shell Lake.
 

An archaeologist's enemy - the red-winged blackbird!
 

Blackbird in flight.
 

Something I'd like to own one day (minus the annoying frontal garage).
 

Loving the view.
Shell Lake's north shore.

Another beautiful barn.

The home stretch.

No comments: