About Me

My photo
Archaeologists are not unlike truckers. Exploring Minnesota and Wisconsin's oddities, scenery, culture, back roads, and eateries helps keep me sane.

17 June 2010

It's All About Nature... and the Road.

My time in the far northwoods of western Wisconsin is finally wrapping up (for now), with an afternoon spent at Shell Lake's beautiful sandy beach and an evening of birthday pizza with the crew. This is my second consecutive birthday in Wisconsin Indianhead Country. It's been a good run! I've hiked miles on the roads up here, digging those little holes that pay the bills. The gorgeous scenery, animals, and quirky roadside attractions will never fail to amaze and amuse me, but absence makes the heart grow fonder -- so bring on the next adventure!!








1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for giving me a little piece of nature while I'm in my office...