About Me

My photo
Archaeologists are not unlike truckers. Exploring Minnesota and Wisconsin's oddities, scenery, culture, back roads, and eateries helps keep me sane.

20 September 2010

Home is Where the Food & Fiberglass Is

Apologies in advance to my friends in the area, for not calling or visiting (hey, this worked girl is overworked!), but I'm in my old stomping ground of La Crosse, WI for a brief couple of days.  These nice little jaunts close to home mean mid-week time with three of my nieces and nephews, and I'm very reluctant to share my time with anyone else!

One of my most favorite spots close to home is Ginny's Cupboard in Sparta.  Have I blogged about them before?  It's probable.  But I love them.  Compared to food prices in even moderately sized Wisconsin town's, Ginny's made-from-scratch soup and house-baked bread is the best bang for your buck in the area.  And yeah, the milkshakes are pricey, but they're so so worth it.  Sucks for me though, I'm still trooping through my detox.  Lucky for me, the white chicken chili had only a very minimal amount of cheese thrown into the entire pot (enough for me to pretend it wasn't there... it probably didn't make it into my mug anyways, right?).  I'll make up for it tomorrow!  Detox or no, it's pretty sweet to patron a place with so many cool antiques to look at.  Even in the bathrooms.

Another one of my favorite spots close to home is F.A.S.T. Corp, aka the Fiberglass Graveyard.  So what these pictures are from July.  And they weren't from a work trip.  And I probably won't make it there this trip.  They're still worth showing!  Apologies for another slide show, but they're just so damn handy to upload, compared to posting dozens of photos.  Oh, and check out these winter-time photos.  Maybe I'll trek out there this Christmas, they'd be fun to see in the snow!


1 comment:

KitKat said...

I love it!!!