About Me

My photo
Archaeologists are not unlike truckers. Exploring Minnesota and Wisconsin's oddities, scenery, culture, back roads, and eateries helps keep me sane.

28 September 2010

Northwoods Calm

The past month has been all about trying to find some inner calm and clarification... detoxing my body, removing toxic people from my life, and figuring out my future path.  To achieve this, I've been eating healthy, whole foods, spending copious amounts of time in a sauna when I can find one, speaking my truth to those who are dishonest with me, aggressively seeking out people and programs who can make my future come together more quickly, reconnecting with old friends, and indulging in some very necessary massage therapy.

Seriously, if you're ever in the Chippewa Falls area, seek out Martha at For Your Health Massage. She's an intuitive healer.  That woman has a craft!  She introduced me to Lomi Lomi massage, which took away a lot of my physical and emotional pressure, and left me smelling like toasted coconut.  I will be seeking out Lomi Lomi in the Madison area this winter, for sure.  Or maybe I'll make an excuse to go back and see Martha.  She's worth it!

A long drive across Wisconsin's northwoods for work also helped me continue with my catharsis.  The leaves are near peak and vibrant, it's so breathtaking.  The birch trees remind me of Finland.  Hopefully I'll get out to explore the Eagle River area after a day of research tomorrow.  Sunshine and bears, come my way!







No comments: