About Me

My photo
Archaeologists are not unlike truckers. Exploring Minnesota and Wisconsin's oddities, scenery, culture, back roads, and eateries helps keep me sane.

21 May 2009

Herman Rusch Deserves His Own Post, Part 2

Before leaving Buffalo County, we stopped by a Weird Wisconsin destination, the Prairie Moon Sculpture Garden, just off of Hwy 35 near Cochrane. Herman Rusch, in his idle retirement, rented and then bought this property and began to create large sculptures out of concrete and other random materials. I had seen some of his stuff at a folk art exhibit at the Kohler Art Center in Sheboygan a couple of years ago (stop by if you're in the area, it's pretty spectacular!). It was cool to finally get to Prairie Moon.
















Not to be a bore, but I've typed a lot tonight! Tuesday night was spent in Menomonie, WI, after a long and winding drive through the country highways and rolling hills of western Wisconsin. Not a bad place, but nothing exciting. Wednesday brought us to Siren, WI, in Burnett County. There are a few adventures to be had up in this part of the Northwoods, but I'll be back here next week. Until then...

Oh, I just noticed that my weekly tallies have fallen by the wayside. Maybe I'll have more energy and more to tally next week? This week was just one big whirlwind!

Whirlwind tours of Western Wisconsin: 1

No comments: